Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So for those of you who don't know........ my wonderful husband and I had a date Friday night.  We went to one of our favorite restaurants "Avanti".    After having great conversation and great food..... (we had pomegranate glazed salmon...so yummy) we decided to head out.  While walking out of the restaurant in my heels, I somehow managed to roll my ankle and gracefully fall down two steps...... talk about embarrassing!!!!  Two of the restaurant workers even came out to see if I was ok.   Well I thought to myself.... I will be fine just get me out of here.  I tried to be a good sport and continue on with our date.... but the pain kept intensifying.  After about an hour I looked at Jim in tears and said I think I should go to the ER.  Not at all where I wanted to spend my evening.

Now to help some of you understand me.... when I get it in my head to do something I do it.  Well I had been on a great workout plan.... been running 4-5 times a week with some weight training in there as well.   When I fell all I could honestly think about was ...... " I can't be hurt..... this is not happening.... I have to run Sunday in the redbud.... i will be fine...... "  Well as I realized I could not put any weight on my ankle at all.... I started to get irritated.  How could this be happening?  Why was this happening?   Needless to say after X-rays and 3 1/2 hours in a hospital I was told I had a severe sprain........ so I am thinking, suck it up Erin it is just a sprain.... then the dr tells me... more often sprains are harder to recover from than a break.... I was mad!!! 

So as the weekend progressed I found myself pouting and feeling sorry for myself.   Then I received a text message from a co-worker at Quail Springs Baptist church....... The head of the children's department"s  20 year old daughter had been killed in a car accident.   Talk about putting things in perspective.  Here I was sulking and pouting about a minor inconvenience.... and a dear sweet woman was now grieving the loss of her daughter.   Who am I...... God is in control of everything.... there is a season for everything..... I was reminded of how precious life is and how important it is to make every day count.  To not pout and grumble about the little things, but to find joy and contentment in everything.  My ankle will heal and in time I will run again........Life is precious and I don't want to waste a moment!!!!   My heart and my prayers go out to the Swezey family and I pray that the Lord will cover them with his love and compassion and a peace that cannot be explained!!!!!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment


My precious girls!!!! How I love them so!

Austin...... My tender warrior!!!